Photobucket

Ops Recon

‘‘"No law ever written has stopped any robber, rapist, or killer, like cold blue steel in the hands of their last intended victim." ~W.Emerson Wright’’

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Just another amateur 3-gunner trying to better himself.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Project "a-crew": a short on jackets.

A while back I wrote about urban clothing with tactical uses. 
I found several useful types of clothing and learned that most 
of us already know what works.

First off let me say that I don't see myself using really 
expensive pieces of clothing. I can understand the benefits 
and the necessety that these items provide sometimes so don't 
give me crap about it. Let me just start on what I've messed 
with.

Jackets:
I've settled on the blackwater spec ops jacket. Out of all 
the jackets I've been using it gave the most amount of utility 
while still looking really good. It's becomming my go to jacket 
when the weather turns bad.

Some background. I've tried the thick patrol jackets and the 
patrol jackets with thinsulate pile on the liner. They are 
pretty rugged and lite but get in the way when you reach for 
anything, get wet if you stay in the rain to long, and just 
feel wierd. Not something I want to wear too long.

Athletic type thin jackets. A step in the right direction 
but still cuts it short...... Way short! Even when layering 
it doesn't even cut it as a top layer. And if I was going to 
use it for cold weather that I knew I was going to work in 
I'd wear a long sleeve shirt and pop on a windbreaker after. 
Or wear that blackhawk jacket!

It is pretty sweet. If your carrying it lays over your sidearm 
nicely, so you don't print as much. Doesn't work much for 
bigger fellas but then again what does. I have a lot of portly 
friends so I get to say that!
One gripe I have with the spec-ops jacket is the lack of a 
hood, and a dump pouch style pocket up front. Other than that 
the zippers seal themselves after you close them, the top 
material sheds water like a ducks ass, and the material on 
the inside won't get me too hot when I start running around. 

This is the beginning of my "A-crew" tactical clothing review. 
My next one will be on footwear. I've tried a few here and 
there. Timberlands, bates, and the usual milspec stuff along 
with some newbalance, and Nike sneakers just to mix it up a 
bit. I'm not quite there yet but when I figure it out 
you'll be the first to know.

-- Shark Out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home